BECK BULLETIN

We are on a journey, sojourners on this earth. Let us share with you the highs and lows of our lives. Heaven is a sweeter place now that we have two beautiful granddaughters waiting there for us.

Monday, January 02, 2012

A Year of Double Blessing

This morning as we sat and watched the Rose Parade, I read several New Year Posts on other blogs....lots of reflecting and looking back over the past year. As I reflect on 2011 the words that always come to mind are 'A Year of Double Blessing'.
We had two grandbabies born in 2009 too, but somehow with these little girls just 7 weeks apart it is even more of a 'wow', partly I think because I spent so much time with both families around the time of their births. This past year I was in Texas for 3 weeks in July and then in Quesnel for 3 weeks in September, waiting for the arrival of these special little girls.
It was so fun over Christmas watching the two sisters and their baby girls, sharing the joy of little girls.
 Whether it was going on a walk with both of the babies sleeping in their wraps...
 ...or going shopping and having them both in the stroller, there was something so fun about it.
 
After the other littles were all in bed, the two babies were often still up while we played cards. This particular evening Darin and Jody were both holding one of them while Matt tried to get them to smile. Halle responded to her Daddy but Bria just wasn't too sure about his noises.
Of course when my parents are out I am always so aware of the blessing of my grandchildren actually having relationships with their Great-Grandparents.  Mom and Dad were so excited to meet their newest great-granddaughters.

  Getting both of the girls to look at the camera was no small feat!
Jody found Christmas Dresses for all four girls when she went shopping on Black Friday so of course we had to take a picture of them in their matching dresses. Caily and Lexi were so excited to be holding the babies.
 It will be fun over the years ahead to watch these two little gals get to know one another.....
 .....and in the mean time, I will always  think of 2011 as the year of double blessing!

3 comments:

Karin said...

Just love cousin fun and cousin trouble!! Great shots and so wonderful that the great-grands are enjoying this too!

Anneliese said...

I know whereof you speak. I remember the early days of our "cousin" twins.
That photo of the four girls is priceless. I had to enlarge it and have a good look. Can't believe how Lexi has grown! Beautiful girls!

my word verification is cousna (?)

Abby said...

too, too cute!